To open a bank account in Portugal you need the following documentation:
- A general application form, given by the bank, filled and signed by the prospective client.
- Passport or Identity card.
- Taxpayer`s number and card (Número Fiscal de Contribuinte – NIF).
- Residency card (Cartão de Residência) or a residence visa/permit in case of non- EU citizens.
- Proof of residency (any document which as your name and address in, such as utility bills, driving license, car insurance, etc).
- Proof of profession or contract of employment, company details, receipt of salary.